Thursday, March 14, 2013

Drive-In Movie Theater -- Indoors!

A few days ago Jackson, Julia, and I were quite bored. It was such a yucky, rainy day outside and we usually go outside in the afternoon but this wasn't even a "stomp in the puddles" kind of day. I had pulled my car into their garage and as we were going inside I noticed two really big pieces of a cardboard box and immediately thought of an idea that my friend Stacie had sent me several months ago from Pinterest. You can see the original idea here. The idea is to make a drive-in movie theater in the living room and the cardboard boxes were perfect. The Js even know about Pinterest - Julia tells me often to look on my phone for a craft - I have a special board on Pinterest called Nanny Fun that I pin things that I think the kids would enjoy :)

Jackson and Julia LOVE to paint! So we gathered their paints and brushes and made our own little painters pallet. Next, they had me to draw circles for the "headlights" on their cars. 


Next, I told them to have fun designing and decorating their "cars" and they loved it!




After the cars were all finished and the paint was dry, we taped them together so that they would stand up. 



The Js loved their finished product :)



We sat them up in front of the TV and this is where they had their downtime for the day :)



The drive-in theater was such a fun, easy, & free idea to do with the kids - they very much enjoyed it! 

Do you have any fun rainy day activity ideas to do with children?




No comments:

Post a Comment